Monday, January 22, 2007

Pottery Barn is going to kill me

You'd think that I'd be happy to have a chair as cute as this, and most of the time I am; I have six of these Napoleon-style Pottery Barn chairs and they are my favorite thing in our kitchen, but in the last two days I've come close to burning them twice. I felt pretty good this morning, but this afternoon I felt really nauseous so I let Jack do the dishes. He was happy for a while, but then came running over to me with a slightly alarmed look on his face; something was not quite right. I walked into the kitchen to find the drain board under the still-running faucet, diverting all the water onto the floor... After mopping up the mess I took out the cotton twine and re-tied all the chairs to the table where they will stay for the next eighteen years.

No comments: