Thursday, January 18, 2007

Poor Jack

So this is the price I had to pay for going to the bathroom by myself this morning. Jack has been really into doing the dishes lately, but to do them he has to push one of the chairs from the table up to the sink. The messes were getting out of hand and he was starting to push chairs up to the stove and turn on burners, so while I'm still feeling queasy I decided to use some cotton twine and tied all six of my chairs to the middle support of the table. I left enough slack to pull the chairs in and out enough to sit down, but that's it. The boys(Aaron, Damien and Ryan) have been having a hard time not tripping over the strings, but it's been working so far. Now, no one will tell me who, but SOMEBODY cut one of the strings and Jack quickly discovered that his chair was mobile again. He got so excited about doing the dishes this morning and I've been spending so much time lying on the couch instead of playing with him that I decided to let him enjoy himself and I'd sneak off to the bathroom while he was busy. When I came back, Jack presented me with the cordless phone in pieces and soaking wet, proudly informing me "clean it, clean it" with a very pleased look on his face. He clearly didn't know he was being naughty so I didn't spank him, but informed him that he was not to wash the phone in the future.

1 comment:

Irina S. said...

So that's why you never answer your phone :)