Saturday, October 17, 2009

Upswing

Photo from Thursday
We are officially on the mend. Today was our first full day of no fever for both boys. They both have stuffy noses and coughs, but are spending less and less time on the couch and more and more time playing/fighting/getting into things. I think we'll all stay home from church even though they're feeling better; they're still coughing a lot and there are new babies at church. Aaron had to work part of the day today, so it will be great to have a day for some family downtime. This has been an incredibly long week. I haven't felt this isolated in a long, long time. Most of my friends have young kids, so having anyone over to visit was out of the question. By the time Aaron got home from work I was too exhausted to go anywhere, and when it was time for bed I would lie there in the dark listening to make sure everyone was breathing. We had Jack sleep in our room for two nights until the inflammation in his airway went down, and anytime someone coughed or fidgeted I'd have a rush of adrenaline that lasted for hours. Most nights I haven't fallen asleep before 2 a.m. Luckily, the boys have needed extra sleep so no one wakes up until nine, but I don't like how that schedule feels. The boys wanted lots of snuggling, so I got very little else done. Taking care of them was the most important thing so I didn't stress about it, but I am starting to feel a little cabin fever. I missed my workout with my trainer, and canceled the babysitter for my afternoon run. I spent a lot of time on the couch, and a lot of time cleaning up immediate messes. For me, worry is the hardest part of motherhood. Sometimes it can be so painful to love someone as much as mothers love their children, but of course I wouldn't have it any other way. Thankfully, things are getting back to normal around here. I actually cooked dinner tonight, and did the dishes. Tomorrow we may even make it out of the house :)

No comments: