Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Slow Start

A hazard of living with a contractor :)
Our day, that is. Lately the boys seem to be determined to make as many messes in as short a time as possible, usually while I'm trying to get something necessary done. This morning alone has been a parade of messes, and it's not even noon. The weather started out cloudy, but as the sun emerged I started making plans for a hike in the woods, maybe a little leaf gathering with the boys. I decided to make squash pancakes and bacon so everyone would be fortified for our adventure, but I was thwarted at every turn. While cooking the pancakes Jack found and unraveled a coil of nails(doesn't everyone have those lying around their kitchen? No? Just me?) in the living room. He followed this up with crumbling some beauty bark(also in the kitchen for some reason) all over the love seat. I directed him in cleaning it up and got the pancakes and bacon on the table. During breakfast Jack spilled his entire cup of grape juice all over the floor and his pants. He went to change while I mopped up the juice. Before I was finished, Matteas choked on a piece of bacon and barfed grape juice all over his pancake. After I cleaned that up, Jack came prancing out of his room and declared himself dressed for the day: he was wearing a (too small) pair of pajama shorts and absolutely nothing else. Before all the juice disasters I'd unloaded the dishwasher and left it open with the intention of loading up all the dirty dishes. Matteas saw an opportunity and pulled out the lower dish rack, pushing it around the kitchen floor and making race car noises. In a moment of indiscretion I'd called Briana and invited her and the kids along for our hike in the woods, and she just called and said they're on their way. Time to do something about all the people in my house still wearing pajamas. Hopefully we can get dressed without somebody topping off the morning by pooping on the rug.

1 comment:

Briana nanimom@outlook.com said...

What would we blog about if we didn't have kids? I honestly don't know. Thanks for the invite. At least that part went well. Amazingly!