Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Milestone

Poor Matteas has a little diaper rash, so this morning I gave him a bath and then let him run around naked. This was apparently just what he needed to inspire him to finally use what he calls his "baby toilet," which has been sitting in the kitchen(tile floor=easy cleanup) for a few weeks collecting dust, not pee. For a while now he would ask to sit on it, so I'd take off his diaper and then he'd just sit there and giggle, no action.
See that look of satisfaction?
After we heard the tell-tale tinkling sound he grinned and shouted "I CAN pee!!!" I've thought he was ready to start potty training for a while now, as he has taken to announcing it to us whenever he has any sort of activity in his diaper. We hear a lot of "I peeing," and "I working(pooping)" but today, on Aaron's 31st birthday, he finally figured out how to do it on purpose. We made a big deal out of it and gave him some m&m's, which prompted him to pee three more times. On the baby toilet. We may have to get some more m&m's.

No comments: