Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Even though we're headed toward Thanksgiving now, I couldn't resist putting up some pumpkin patch pictures because some of them were so darn cute. Matteas insisted on walking around(as opposed to being comfortably carried around in the backpack by Dad) and, as the ground was rather uneven, he stumbled. A lot. He was determined though, and every time he fell he'd just pick himself up again and keep going, shouting "I do it!" all the while. In the top picture Matteas is clearing away some rotten stem. He worked very carefully with his one little baby finger until he'd pulled away the last gooey strand. This is one of my favorite pictures ever. Jack is starting to be quite protective of Matteas. Most days I have to separate them every fifteen minutes because one of them is biting/scratching/pulling the hair of/poking/ sitting on the other, so I really cherish the cooperative moments. Jack is reliable enough with the camera now that Aaron and I actually get pictures of us sometimes. This is how we've spent the past several days. Jack and Matteas have colds, and it's making my already-Mama's boy even clingier. It drives me crazy when he follows me around the house whining or pulls on my leg while I'm trying to make dinner, but it's kind of hard to be irritated when I pick him up and he just lays down and plays with my hair.

No comments: