Thursday, November 13, 2008

Look What We Made

Okay, I know he's my kid and everything, but Jack's drawings really are pretty amazing. He's only three years old, after all. I bought him a set of markers a few days ago and thought about hanging onto them until Christmas, but I couldn't help myself and I have no regrets. That little set of markers has provided hours of creativity for Jack and peace for his Mama, not to mention the priceless works of art I get out of the bargain. The picture above is a dinosaur montage; on the far left, the green dinosaur with the read tail is a T-Rex. Next to him are two blue and green archaeopteryx. On the far right, the black blob with red shooting out is a volcano. The two orange circles towards the bottom are pumpkins(these are seasonally-hip dinosaurs), and at the top, my favorite: a flock of pteradactyls. Last night was one of those crazy evenings where, just as dinner time approached, all hell broke loose. The first incident was Jack finding a bottle of spray cleaner with bleach in it, and using it to try to clean off his dry-erase letter board. All over the living room rug. He also got it on his sweatpants, and was devastated over the resulting discoloration so I'm pretty sure he'll never play with bleach again. I put Matteas in his high chair with some snacks so I could work on dinner, and just as I dumped the bowl of thawing chicken over on the counter sending raw-chicken liquid EVERYWHERE(did I mention I'm a Lysol-obsessed germ freak?) Matteas decided he was NOT interested in his snack, but he WAS interested in screaming and trying to climb out of his high chair. Somehow we survived, and the Chicken Parmesan and Mixed Greens with Lemon Vinaigrette from the Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook got finished. It was almost good enough to soothe my ruffled feathers.

No comments: