Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Lull

I haven't been blogging much at all lately. Not for lack of material, we've just been really busy. I signed up for a children's book illustration class at UW that began last week, and it's pretty much the best thing ever. It's the first time I've ever been in a classroom full of people who are all equally passionate about the subject and everyone genuinely wants to be there. Plus, artsy people are friendly. Everyone talks to everyone and shares ideas, materials, books, inspiration, it's an amazing environment. So that keeps me pretty busy/psyched.
Matteas doesn't sleep with Jack yet, but he's very excited about the possibility. I don't think they're ready quite yet; I'm not ready for bedtime to look like this.
They're totally pretending to be asleep.
We've been seeing a lot of this around here.
Here's the other reason I haven't posted. Go get this book. That is, if you love good food, good stories about food, family, travel and love, go get this book. And then read it in small portions so it doesn't go too fast. I haven't been taking my own advice, but I can't help it. I have a serious lady-crush on Molly Wizenberg. She writes about food in a way that's so sensual and passionate it'll make you blush. When I'm not corraling wild boys or reading, I'm playing with this stuff. Tonight in class we're going to work on three-dimmensional models and cut-paper. I feel like I've died and gone to kingergarten for grownups.

No comments: