Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another Damien Update

I got to spend a few hours with Damien today; now that he's not hooked up to anything he's free to move around, so we got to visit outside and soak up some of the beautiful sunshine we've been having. The best news is, he's glad to be alive. He has a long road ahead of him and he knows it, but we are supporting him as a family and I believe he feels the benefits of all the prayers being offered for him. Medically he is pretty well healed; his jaw is still wired on the bottom and he is on an all-liquid diet, but in a few weeks he can chew some real food. His left eye is damaged, but it can most likely be repaired; it is no longer infected but it remains a little too swollen to operate on for now. While I ask for your continued prayers, I feel the time has come to keep subsequent information a little more private. His physical healing is well underway, but the rest of his journey will be a rather personal one. If you actually know Damien and want information on how he's doing don't hesitate to ask, but I won't be putting much information about him on my blog. I have passed on all of the suggestions people were kind enough to send me to Damien, and I would welcome any further suggestions or notes of concern. It means a lot to him to know that so many people are praying for him and loving him. Thank you all for being part of his healing.

No comments: