Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just a Teaser

Today was amazing; we got a little summer preview and we took full advantage of the gorgeous weather. We got up and had breakfast, then went outside and stayed there all day. Aaron and I did a bunch of yard work while the boys played and watched and Jack occasionally helped. I had to stop to play with Matteas a lot as he is no longer content to merely observe, but that was fine with me. Aaron hired a guy to come cut out some stumps in our backyard and they left huge holes. Huge. Like you could bury a person in there. We have five or so of these holes in our yard, so Aaron and I spent a lot of time filling them in with dirt. So, having toys for kids is ridiculous. Give them some water in a dishpan and you've got at least an hour of entertainment. He was happy in here so long that he was all wrinkly when I finally took him out. We even had our lunch outside. We had grilled Monterey Jack cheese and turkey sandwiches on sourdough; warm sandwiches on a hot day seemed weird, but all we had was cheese and turkey so grilling was the only way to make it exciting. They were delicious. We had Grandpa Tom, Uncle Tristan and Uncle Conrad over for dinner to share some tasty hamburgers, green grapes and watermelon. Yes watermelon. It's not quite watermelon season yet, but it was nice and firm and sweet, not grainy. Jack is now passed out in bed after a popsicle and a bath and Aaron and I are tired and a little sunburnt. I'm excited for summer and more days like today; my feet are filthy and I have no complaints.

1 comment:

Irina S. said...

How much did you pay for having those stumps removed? We have two big ones in our front yard and I had someone come and give me an estimate for a variety of yard work services including removing the stumps and the amount he charged was ridiculously high so we just decided to live with the stumps for now.