Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baby's First Chocolate

Lately, Matteas has been demanding food. Not asking for it, not mildly interested in it, but aggressively and vocally demanding it. He's also gotten quite good at scooting around on the floor and finding stray treasures. Today he found a chocolate chip. It was his first taste, but I'm sure it won't be the last. This was my afternoon project. I stole the idea from my sewing book but made my own pattern. It's a magazine holder for Aaron; he likes to read in bed but since we have our bed wedged into the tiniest room(until we remodel the master bedroom) there's no space for a bedside table or shelf. I really like the idea of using wall space for storage, especially because you can hang things high enough that kids can't reach it but it doesn't take up the space furniture does. I'm really excited about the whole concept, and everything in my house is now in danger of being stored in a hanging organizer. I plan on making one for the dining room to keep Jack's art supplies in, a storage problem that has been puzzling me for quite some time. I backed red canvas (which was really very soft for how thick it was, I think it was meant to be used for upholstery) with some tan and olive striped linen. When I proudly displayed my finished project to Aaron he asked, "Why is the back so nice?" He then confessed that he preferred the striped fabric, but it wasn't thick enough to be the front. I'm sure I can think of something to make him out it though, I got a lot of it. Maybe some light tool storage for the garage walls...

1 comment:

Briana nanimom@outlook.com said...

Congratulations on another successful project. cyril walked in while I was looking at the pictures and said he didn't know you could make pretty things like that. He was really imipressed with the t-rex drawing. Its almost enought to inspire me to want to do a project. Almost.