Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jackpot

When you find something at thrift store that you really love, chances are you didn't find it your first time. Or your second. Or third. You get the picture. Bargain-hunting is a game of chance, and sometimes you have to play the odds long enough to really find anything worth while. My last few forays into previously-owned merchandise turned up nothing, but yesterday I struck gold. I found this little girl's hand-sewn silk jacket in perfect condition for $3.49. Some of you may be thinking to yourself, "But Tirzah only has boys." You're very astute. But I know a lot of people with little girls, so somebody may be getting a present soon. If you happen to see this jacket and fall madly in love with it, tell me you love it and you can have it. It is very pale pink but richer than it looks in the pictures, and I would guess it would fit a girl about 12 months old. I don't think it would be terribly warm, but it would make a darling little fall coat.
The cuff.
Front closure.
Here is my other score. We found this little table and chairs for $15 and almost passed them up, but they are totally unfinished and solid wood. So we loaded them(awkardly) into our cart and hauled them up to the checkout line, where we noticed a sign that announced the special of the day was "All Furniture 50% Off." So for $7.50 we have a new art/snack table. And just wait until I stain it.
This bowl, although not a steal of a deal, is I think my favorite purchase. It is a brand-new(still had the old price tag on it and no signs of wear) Pfaltzgraff serving bowl, and it is larger and a more vivid robin's-egg than it looks. I love it and can't wait to serve something in it.

No comments: