Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Historic Moment

I actually made a wearable garment. I got Jack to model them for me as I was making the pattern and placing the pocket, but he declined to be in a photo shoot for my blog. Which is a shame, because they fit him perfectly. The pocket is my favorite part. I love square pockets, especially on a little bum. I copied the idea from some pants I found in a lady's online shop. I made them out of an old pillow case, which presents several advantages: -the fabric is already pre-shrunk(assuming you use an old pillow case) -you only have to sew the rise, the seat, the inseams and the waistband. The cuffing and the outside seams are already done for you. -they're very, very inexpensive to make. -old pillow cases come in lots of prints that are back in fashion. They were originally going to be for Gabriella, but I sized them a little too generously so now I think they'll be for Talia.

No comments: