Thursday, August 16, 2007

Timeline

One last picture of the pregnant belly before Ali broke my water. I'm currently 7 cm dilated. This does not feel like labor.
Half an hour after Ali broke my water I got in the birthing tub. Still feeling kind of silly about secretly being in labor. This also does not feel like labor.
This feels like labor. Fifteen minutes later...
...Ta-da!
Getting acquainted with Dad.
Does this baby look early to you?
I can see now why some people have more than one baby; their babies are more like Matteas than Jack. He's only two days old but it's already apparent that he is a drastically different baby than Jack . He is so easy-going and doesn't cry unless he's hungry or cold, and when he does cry he responds instantly to the sound of my voice or being held. His favorite place to sleep is curled up on my chest or Aaron's, and I love the easy access this affords me to his velvet kitty-cat head. He likes being pet. He also likes it when I kiss his tiny face all over, it's so cute the way he just lies there and soaks up the affection like a very hungry love sponge. Right now he's sleeping on the couch next to me, curled up against my leg. He sleeps all the time and I have to wake him up to get him to nurse, but he's getting better and better at it and he's been pooping all day long so it appears that all systems are go for launch. Speaking of poop, he has one so I'm going to go take care of it and then take him to bed with me. Naps are great :)

No comments: