Thursday, July 30, 2009

How We've Been Coping

The weather around here has been very uncharacteristic of late. I do not do well in temperatures exceeding 75 degrees. That's why I live in the Pacific Northwest. Now, I like a challenge. Doing things that are hard can be really satisfying, and as long as no one is clutching my leg and whining I actually really enjoy manual labor, but once it gets hot out I wilt like a delicate flower. Aaron once remarked "You sure get funny when it's hot out." That was a nice way of saying "grumpy as hell."
To cope, we've been getting old-school with a fan and a block of ice.
Driving with the windows down.
Eating hummus. And napping in a dark, shady room while a nearby fan blows a breeze across a hot little body. Tonight, Aaron is taking me to dinner in an air-conditioned restaurant. As opposed to doing what we've been doing all week, which is eating dinner in the basement.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I totally feel you about the hotter than 75 things. That's why I'm getting out of California as soon as possible. But seriously, at least ca has air conditioning...