Monday, July 27, 2009

So darn freakin' hot...

...in the words of Jack, and I agree. The above picture is from a few days ago when it didn't hit 90 degrees, so Matteas was not roasting in his sweatpants. I took them off of him right after he dripped popsicle everywhere. Today it got so hot that we ended up camping down in the basement. Aaron picked up some takeout, we spread our picnic blanket on the floor and watched a movie. I checked my instant-read thermometer earlier, and it said it was 92 degrees in the kitchen. It is now almost eleven o'clock at night and the thermometer reads 84 degrees. We have fans in the bedroom windows and it's helping, but it's still pretty hot even outside. My eyelids are sweating. It's supposed to get up to 101 on Wednesday. What are you thinking, Seattle?! This is so not your style.

No comments: