Friday, October 31, 2008

Baby's First Sentence

I think it is entirely appropriate that Matteas' first sentence was "I do it." He started shouting it about a month ago, in this very highchair. There are light switches behind him, and he climbed up in his seat and turned around to flip them on and off. "Matteas, what do you think you're doing?" I asked him. "I do it!" he shouted back. It is his mantra these days, his declaration of independence. I find it especially endearing that he shouts it when he's having trouble doing something, like it's his way of encouraging himself. When we took the boys to the pumpkin patch he insisted on getting out of the backpack and walking around himself, but the ground was pretty uneven. He'd take two steps and then tumble over, pick himself up and keep going, all the while shouting "I do it!"

No comments: