Saturday, June 14, 2008

Onto More Beautiful Things...

This was one of the most amazing meals I've had in a while. Kayleigh, Alex and I made dinner together Thursday night and it was like a page out of a Williams-Sonoma catalog. Al made this amazing baked pasta dish with chicken sausage and smoked gouda cheese; my contribution was a mixed greens salad with strawberries, apples, red onion, pistachios and goat cheese with a balsamic caramel dressing. The bread was store-bought, but it tasted like it had just come out of the oven. The wine was free-flowing. I laughed until I cried at least three times. I love that we have totally different lives and we don't see each other for six months at a time, but whenever the three of us get together it's as if no time has passed. Good times.

No comments: