Saturday, May 24, 2008

Together Again

My engagement ring, being an antique, had some character. By "character" I mean problems, most notably that the diamond had shifted in the setting and the prongs snagged towels when I dried my hands and scratched my babies when it brushed their cheek. So I put it away, thinking that for some birthday or anniversary we'd get it fixed. My aunt actually had her diamond FALL OUT OF HER RING(she found it later), so I didn't want to risk it. We finally took it in last week when we went to Pike Place and I picked it up today. I feel like a schoolgirl. An adult, newly-engaged giddy schoolgirl. So if you see me anytime soon and I point excessively with my left hand, please take notice of my incredibly beautiful ring. When I showed it to Jack he said, "Wow Mom, there's stars in your ring." Indeed :)

No comments: