Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slowly, slowly...

...getting rid of the things in my house I hate. Like purple walls. On a whim I took the boys to Home Depot and picked out some green paint. Matteas napped when we got home and Jack ate animal crackers and watched me. It doesn't look very green in these pictures, but it is. I need to fiddle with my camera and find a setting that captures the actual color a little better. For now, here's one my favorite spots in my kitchen. I just love the way my big jars look next to my white mixer. Very Barefoot Contessa. I didn't mention I was doing it, and it took Aaron three hours to notice. The only downside to being married to a contractor is that he doesn't find my home improvement projects cute and endearing; without exception, he could do them better. I'm a great cook, a competent gardener and a budding seamstress, but I am not a handyman. Aaron is very nice to me though, and smiles in a tolerant way that says "I'm so glad you're pleased with your project, but please stop." He doesn't mind so much that I painted the kitchen because we're going to tear it all out someday anyway. By "we" I mean mostly Aaron. See above reference to handyman skills.

1 comment:

Briana nanimom@outlook.com said...

Wow, it looks so much better. I, for one, think you did a great job. And it is so worth the effort to have it look nice while you wait for the "real" re-model.