Monday, February 19, 2007

I've heard lots of mothers say that every pregnancy is different, and am now discovering it for myself. With Jack I got nauseated in the evenings but not until around seven weeks and with this baby I felt awful basically from implantation until about three weeks ago. I still have the occasional gagging session over emptying the garbage or brushing my teeth, but most of the time I feel great. With Jack I started gaining a little weight around three months; so far with this baby I've lost seven pounds. I'm not really sure where from because my tummy is definitely starting to poke out, which is also much earlier than I started showing with Jack. My only real complaint is that I can't find clothes that fit since I'm nowhere near filling out maternity clothes but my normal jeans bother my tummy even though they're not tight yet. I have an OB appointment tomorrow and we'll hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time; Aaron has dreamt twice that I'm pregnant with twins and is convinced there will be two heartbeats. I told him if it's twins he has to start lactating and we're getting a nanny. Jack is starting to think his own bed is pretty cool. We have a little toddler bed for him at the foot of our king-sized bed, but he's never spent much time in it. For a brief time as an infant he preferred sleeping alone, but he quickly grew out of it. Now that we're having another baby I really want to get Jack sleeping in his own bed, but I want to transition him long before the baby's born so he doesn't feel kicked out. He's been really into other people's babies lately, so I'm hoping he won't feel too jealous. He recognizes Irina's blog and whenever he catches me reading it he makes me show him a picture of Alex :)

1 comment:

Irina S. said...

How cute is that! Jack likes to look at pictures of Alex!
About that in between stage, when your regular clothes don't fit anymore but maternity clothes are too big, I would recommend that you try the type of maternity jeans with a small narrow elastic panel in a small size (S or even XS if you lost weight). I like the Old Navy ones. They have Old Navy maternity clothes at Everett Mall and in downtown Seattle. Also, I usually wear Ultra Low Rise jeans by Gap (not very modest of me, I know ;)) and I found that I was able to wear those until I was late in my second trimester because they fit under the belly. Also, there's this cool elastic waistband that you can buy at maternity stores (it looks kind of like the panel from a pair of maternity pants) and you can wear your regular jeans unbuttoned and cover the waistline with that. They have them at that pregnancy boutique at U Village.