Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Mantle

The colored lights on the tree in the mirror are no more; I couldn't handle how dark they made the tree look. I went to Rite Aid at 9:55 in the freezing cold five minutes before they closed and bought some more white lights so I could do red and white like we have every year. I hate colored lights, Aaron hates plain white, so red and white is our compromise. It works out nicely because we both like it and it accidentally gave our tree a theme; most of our ornaments are red and white. I tried wrapping white and colored lights together and I like that better; if the boys are devastated about the colored lights being gone I may just decorate the tree again tomorrow. For the third time. Who knew I was so Type A?

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

I am a white light kind of gal, too. Mike is okay with it. He would probably be a colored light person if it weren't for him growing up with Katie and Kelly, who most assuredly insisted on white lights on their trees. I love having stylish sisters-in-law :)

Love the garland on your mantle!

erin said...

Hey Tirzah,

Just read some of your blog.
-your boys are so cute!
- I agree about white christmas lights.
- core fusion. I'm gonna give it a chance. Dusty always wants us to do that together.
- really related on the post about your first year of marriage and baby. You don't know what it's like until you've gone through it. But it was encouraging and upbeat.

erin said...

tis Erin BTW