Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

...Christmas. I can't help myself, I love everything about Christmas. It's not even Thanksgiving and I already have Christmas-scented candles and lights up. I hate how stores put out Christmas stuff right after Halloween(even before Halloween this year), but I feel like making my home ready for Christmas is the opposite of what the stores are doing. I did some shopping today and while I succeeded in finding some great stocking stuffers for Aaron, I've decided the rest of my shopping will be done on my sewing machine or online. I've already ordered several things for the boys from Moolka, a company I found through Amazon. It's so great to find things I like and then have them show up at my front door. I am venturing out to shop one more time, but only because Rachel and I are starting a tradition. Last year we went to Holidate with the Girls and had a great time even though I signed us up too late to get a Swag Bag and I was depressed about it all night because I just knew there was lip gloss in there, and who doesn't love free lip gloss? Okay, so it's not exactly free, but it's in exchange for donating money to a really good cause. That was the night we discovered that Sonrisa has delicious cocktails. The Cosmorita is especially good, and the food is fresh and flavorful. If you need to get some shopping done in beautiful University Village, have a cocktail and appetizers after shopping courtesy of Sonrisa, donate money to Ronald McDonald House and get a goody bag and a VIP shopping pass, you should sign up.
On my way to bed the other night I noticed the Christmas lights reflecting in the wine glasses; I really appreciate little glimpses of loveliness. My day is always so much better when I take the time to notice or create something pretty. One of my favorite ways to bring a little loveliness into the ordinary moments is to use good soap. I will pay way too much money for soap if it makes me slow down, breathe deeply, and shift my focus. Plus this soap smells like Christmas magic. I also bought the matching dish soap. The situation in my kitchen is about to get totally out of control. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A pasta machine?!? Totally out of control, but in an exciting way.....