Friday, June 29, 2007

Where the Tiny Things Are

This coffee shop is a block and a half away from the house we made an offer on this morning. We didn't go inside so I have no idea if the coffee's good or if they're kid friendly, but I have cozy visions of walking here in the fall with the boys(I have boys. Plural.).The big stinky house sold for $15,000 more than the asking price, so for now we're content to take that as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. We're both a little disappointed, but I'm also kind of relieved. It would have been really exciting to take on such a big project with so much potential, but I wouldn't have been able to be as involved with the actual work part much and that would have been frustrating. So instead we're looking at buying a small, clean, cozy little doll house to be our love nest while the boys grow up a little bit and find a big stinky house of our own to remodel later down the road. This little deck is very inviting; I want to find a tiny table and some tiny chairs where Aaron and I can sit and drink coffee in the morning out of tiny cups. The bathroom is SO little; the sink is so short that Jack can wash his hands all by himself. I have no idea how Aaron will manage to use the sink ever; it doesn't even come up to his hips. The kitchen: tiny, but very clean and nice and bright. This is the outside. It's a lot like the inside; tiny, but cute. Jack approved, and kept running around the house(which took all of two seconds) calling everything "my tiny house, my tiny sink," etc. We're supposed to hear back by 9 p.m. about our offer and since the house has been on the market for almost three months with zero offers besides ours, it seems like we'll get it. If not, onto the next one.

No comments: