Sunday, July 24, 2011

Crab and Cancer

The theme continues.

Tomorrow my mother in-law gets the results of extensive tests to see if her cancer has spread; her oncologist doesn't sound terribly optimistic.  Again again I say to you, fuck fuck fuckety fuck. 

However, the spectre of potential bad news didn't keep us from having a mighty fine evening anyway, and we enjoyed cold wine, buttery crab, garlicky Ceasar and flank steak with chimichuri in the back yard.  It occurred to me that regardless of the test results, there wasn't anywhere else I'd rather have been.

1 comment:

Dan Thiessen said...

Oh Tirzah, you are such a dear daughter in law to my sister....I thank you for all the love and care you show her. And I love your writings....so enjoy your blog! Loved the photos of the boys in the tree eating their dinners! What a life ..oh to be a child! Did you see the crazy "menace" photo of my Safiya? Think she's going to be a bully? See you again soon .....