Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Actual Conversation Between Matteas and His Banana

Matteas is sitting at the kitchen table alone, eating a banana. I overhear the following. All voices were provided by Matteas.

Banana(in a pitiful voice): Please don’t eat me!

Matteas(in a growly voice): But I’m hungry so I will eat you.

Banana(hopefully): I will find some food for you?

Matteas: Well, ok.

Banana: Do you eat meat?

Matteas: Yes, but if you eat too much meat you will get dia-meena(diarrhea).

Banana: Then I will find you a chip.

*Matteas puts down the banana, picks up leftover chip from lunch*

Chip(same voice as banana): Don’t eat me!

Matteas: But I’m hungry.

Chip(more confidently than the banana): I will find some food for you.

Matteas: Um, ok.

*Chip conducts a search for food, but comes up empty-handed*

Chip:(resigned) Ok, eat me.

Matteas: :Chomp:

2 comments:

Briana nanimom@outlook.com said...

Hey, there's a kids book idea right there.

Bellesarius said...

Your kids slay me! I agree with Briana, great idea for a kids book.

Whenever you post the latest adventure with your kids I'm reminded of Twain's comment that truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense. Hysterical!