Friday, December 12, 2008

For Grandpa

Last night we took the boys over to the grandparents' house and went on a date. My father-in-law mentioned that it's been a long time since I updated my blog; I have some good posts brewing but it's been pretty busy around here, so in the meantime I thought I'd just share a little bit of what we've been up to. Matteas is obsessed with the fireplace. He loves helping Daddy bring wood inside and then, with Daddy's help, putting it on the fire.
Matteas takes his work very seriously.
Waiting for Daddy to come help...
Focus, focus.
Another thing Matteas takes very seriously is his oral hygiene. He has nightly flossing sessions, also with Daddy.
For his next trick, Matteas will start baking. He likes to put on my oven mitt and rub the oven with it.
They haven't seen Lady and the Tramp; I guess this is the sort of thing that just comes naturally.
One morning before school, Jack said "Mom, I want you to spike my hair up crazy for school!"
It's cozy sock weather, especially since we have tile on our kitchen floor; it's chilly making breakfast in the morning barefoot. One morning I couldn't find my fuzzy purple socks. That is, until I looked under the table. And now, I'm off to pack our snow clothes. Along with every piece of warm clothing we own because we're headed to ski country on Sunday, and the forecast is -20F.

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

That little kid has ALOT of personality!

Leciawp said...

Fun pictures - I especially love the flossing shots! Have fun in the snow!