Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mama's Happy To You

These are my birthday presents from Aaron. The couch and the coffee table we already had, but the flowers and the rug are new. The rug looks small in the picture, but it's really 8' x 10'. We had to arrange the furniture in the middle of the rug because it was the only way it fit comfortably into our living room. I'd been bemoaning how much I hate the carpet in this house for quite a while and we'd talked about getting an area rug to cover it up, but we decided if we were going to spend the money we should get a nice(read: expensive) one that would last us a long time rather than buying a series of cheap ones that would need frequent replacing. So it was something on my wish list but in the "things to budget for in the future" section, not the "things my husband will waltz through the door with the day before my birthday" section. He picked it out all by himself, he didn't even ask me what colors I wanted. The picture doesn't pick up the tones very well, but what I love about it is that it's the perfect shade of neutral to hide dirt and still be warm. Damien was here when Aaron gave me the rug and they carried it in together singing Happy Birthday; since then Jack has been calling the rug "Mama's happy to you." It totally changes the feel of the whole room, and I'm excited to have a set of furniture to put in our new house(someday) that will make it feel like our living room and not just the room where we keep our couch.

No comments: